Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27: Blessed with Busy-ness

Yes, I have been blessed with busy-ness today.  Phone calls and minor emergencies and panic and more phone calls.  I've had the kind of day I was anticipating, and the hours have just flown by.  Very soon, I will be heading off to the university to teach my Monday class.  I feel prepared and at peace.  If I hadn't been as busy, I might be little more anxious about teaching.  However, I haven't had a chance to even contemplate anxiety on any level.  That's what I mean by "blessed with busy-ness."

Busy-ness keeps you focused (or not focused) on certain aspects of your life.  Busy-ness has kept me from obsessing about my class this afternoon.  The only thing I've been able to focus on all day long is the immediate task at hand.  At the moment, that task is completing this blog post.  Then, the task will be driving to campus.

I have to pack up my computer now and head off to class.  I'm still not that nervous.  It feels a little strange.  I'm used to chewing my fingernails down to the quick on the first day of the semester.

Maybe Saint Marty has finally found inner peace.  Either that, or he's finally gone off the deep end.

Sometimes being like this is a good thing

No comments:

Post a Comment