Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14: Gone Girl, Bingo Birthday Party, Dance

Well, as I said this morning, I missed being with my kids today.  However, my daughter isn't quite as sentimental.  She is currently in a car with her aunt, headed downstate for a week-long visit with relatives in the Detroit area.  She spilled no tears when I kissed her goodbye this afternoon.  She barely acknowledged that I was leaving the dance studio.  So much for missing her daddy.

Speaking of dance, I registered my daughter for her dance classes this afternoon, as well.  She is taking ballet, hip hop, tap, and modern.  My daughter is going to be one very busy little girl in the fall.  That doesn't even take into account religion classes, piano lessons, or gymnastics (which my daughter wants to sign up for this autumn, as well).  I always said I wasn't going to be a chauffeur parent, driving my child from one commitment to another.  I am going to be eating those words this year.

Tonight, I have to go to a family bingo birthday party.  Most people don't know what a bingo party is.  Think of a garage sale where everything for sale is crap nobodoy wants.  Then wrap that crap in birthday tissue or newspaper, and use that crap as prizes in a bingo tournament.  That is a bingo birthday party.  Most of the time, I come home with a bag of prizes I just wrap up and save for the next bingo birthday party.  Tonight will be no different.

On this night, the first night of being back at work, I would prefer to go home and relax.  Maybe feel a little sad for the absence of my gone girl.  And watch
America's Got Talent.

Saint Marty isn't going to get what he wants tonight.


B-16!  O-69!


No comments:

Post a Comment