Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 19: Talking to My Daughter, Getting Ready for School, New Cartoon

I just got done instant messaging my daughter.  She's on her way home from visiting relatives in the Detroit area.  She's had a great time with my sister.  She's gone shopping for back-to-school stuff--backpack and lunch bag and clothes.  The only problem she's had all week in having to be unplugged.  That's right.  No WiFi all week long for my eleven-year-old.  She's going into cyber withdrawal.  She can't believe that there are people in the world who aren't connected.

I spent some time looking over my textbook for the fall semester last night.  It's about film.  Almost every instructor who teaches Intro to Film uses this book.  It's good.  Basic.  Covers all of the terms that need to be covered--staging, mise en scene, composition.  I actually enjoyed the reading.  It's going to be a good fall, teaching-wise.  I probably won't get assigned this class again for another twenty years.

For the moment, however, Saint Marty is excited.  Content.  Missing his daughter.  Hungry.  Tired.  Thirsty.  Creative.  He's all over the place.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment