Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 28: Morning from Hell, Afternoon from Pretzels

OK, so I had a morning from hell.  At the surgery center where I work, we had inspectors from JCHO (pronounced "jay-co") crawling up our butts to examine every little signature and every last vial of outdated medication.  It was stressful.  Imagine being in an aquarium and having an incredible itch in a very delicate spot.  Now, imagine not being able to scratch it.  That's what this morning felt like.

Currently, I'm having an afternoon from pretzels.  Mini pretzel sticks, to be exact.  When I returned from teaching at the university, I was famished.  I ate a bowl of those pretzel sticks.  It made me happy, almost content, which is an unusual emotion for me.  It had to do with the ingestion of salt, I think.  I am rarely content about anything.  But this afternoon, taking stock of my emotions, that is the adjective that bubbled to the surface of my mind.

Saint Marty is content.  Give him a minute or so (and a good chocolate bar), and he may approach joy.

Try a little contentment

No comments:

Post a Comment