Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 23: Off the Cuff

Usually, when I sit down to type a post, I have some idea of what my subject will be.  This afternoon, I have no idea.  That's right.  I'm doing this blog off-the-cuff.  If I make no sense or you think I'm rambling on about absolutely nothing at all, you are probably correct.  I am not going to make sense, and I will be rambling a great deal.

The power outage this morning was caused by a squirrel getting into some kind of power substation.  Fried squirrel and electrical disruption.

I have reading I need to get done.  Tonight, I'm going to try to do some school work.  I hope to be caught up with my class preparation by tomorrow night.  I also have a book to finish for my book club meeting next Thursday.  I'll probably end up just sitting on the couch and watching TV when I get home.  That's the way my nights have been tending recently.

I'm not sure I'm ready to let go of summer yet.  The weather has been spectacular this June, July, and August.  Yesterday, it hit almost eighty degrees.  I know I don't have a choice in the changing of the seasons, but I can stubbornly hold on to August until the last leaf on the trees turns from green to orange.

My wife had a job interview this afternoon for a teacher's aide position with the local Head Start program.  She thinks it went well.  We have to wait until the end of the month to find out if she got a job.  We're trying to remain realistic.  The chance of my wife getting a position is fairly slim.  A lot of people apply for these jobs.

I just got a phone call from my wife.  She told me I got a $250 check  in the mail for being a "guest author" on the U. P. Book Tour this summer.  I am totally shocked.  I was never expecting any kind of compensation for my involvement.  A blessing out of the blue.

I think I've come to the end of my thoughts.  I'm going to sit back and bask in the good news I just received.

Saint Marty believes in miracles today.

Even Charles Dickens rambled

No comments:

Post a Comment