Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6: Dancing With My Son, Village Person, "Carol" Dip

Well, the first official day of my vacation is here.  I slept in until my son called from his crib, "I want to get up."  When I shouted back, "It's too early," he said, "No, it's not."  Then we had a minute or so of me saying "it's too early" and my son saying "no, it's not" back and forth.  My son won this little contest.

We've had a pretty good morning so far.  He's been fed, and pretty soon I have to get him dressed.  Right now, he's dancing for me.  He's shaking his butt and wearing his miner's hat.  He looks like a member of the Village People.

Y-M-C-A!
Well, some things don't change, even if I am on vacation.  It is Monday, and therefore it's time for a Carol dip.  I've been trying to come up with a question since my son woke me up.  I have come up with something earth-shattering to ask the great book of Dickens.  It is one of the eternal questions of life:

Should we have cheesy baked potatoes for lunch?

And the answer from Dickens is:

"And how did little Tim behave?" asked Mrs. Cratchit, when she had rallied Bob on his credulity, and Bob had hugged his daughter to his heart's content.

"As good as gold," said Bob, "and better..."

That's my answer.  Baked potatoes for lunch?  As good as gold.

Looks like Saint Marty should break out the spuds and cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment