Sunday, August 5, 2012

August 5: Lots of Chlorine, New Cartoon

I just spent three hours in a swimming pool with my kids.  I'm feeling a little wiped.  I watched Michael Phelps win his last gold medal at the Olympics last night.  After the race, the commentator made the observation that Phelps has spent over 10,000 hours in the pool over the course of his career.  I can't really say that I feel like Michael Phelps right now, but I certainly have swallowed lots of chlorine.

I haven't seen one of my favorite sports in the Olympics yet.  I love watching synchronized swimming.  I don't know why.  There's an element of music, dance, costume, athleticism, and acting.  It's like an Olympic event in musical theater.  It just can't be beat.  Of course, synchronized swimming never makes that big of a splash (yes, I went there) in prime time television coverage.

I'm going to the playground with my son now.  Even though he's been swimming for three hours, he hasn't slowed down yet.  The only time he slows down is when he's asleep.  I can't wait for him to go to bed.

Saint Marty is ready for some aquatic Phantom of the Opera.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment