Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 21: Bad News Instead of Good News

This morning, I received some bad news when I was expecting good news.  The details are irrelevant for the sake of this post.  What is relevant is the fact that I spent a good portion of the a.m. quite upset.

I can do nothing to change the outcome of this bad news.  It is beyond my control.  (Am I being vague enough to confuse most of my readers?  I really don't want to make any negative comments about my employer or its business practices regarding employees who have been working full-time hours for part-time benefits for over ten years.)  No, I have released my frustrations.  I will not go home and torture my neighbor's cat or yell at my three-year-old son until he cries.  No, I am in control of my happiness.  (You know, my happiness.  That thing that is greatly reduced by having to work twelve- or fourteen-hour days in order to pay my bills.)  I am happy.  Content.  At peace.  (Annoyed.  Aggravated.  Disappointed.  Pissed-off.)

I am at one with the universe.  Nothing is going to disturb me today.  (I've been disturbed enough already.  One more piece of bad news might just push me over the edge into the pit of despair.)

Saint Marty completely trusts in God.  (He has to.  He doesn't have any choice.  He learned that this morning.)

This is a crock of shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment