Friday, December 30, 2011

December 30: Today's Blog of Note, Being Grateful

I have a lot to be thankful for right now.

I just looked at today's Blog of Note (BON).  Generally, I make fun of the BONs.  I can almost predict what they will be about:  cooking, fashion, art and artists of different media, and crafts.  Sometimes, the BON is about a mother who's trying to change her life because she's reached a milestone birthday--usually 30 or 40.  Yes, I'm mocking because I find the subjects of most BONs a little, well, stupid.  I also mock because I'm jealous of anybody who is named a BON.

Today's BON is called Jamesie beats the tumor.  It's written by a mother whose young child recently died of some kind of cancer.  I say some kind of cancer because I could only read the most recent post on the blog.  I had to stop.  The mother is struggling this Christmas season, the first without her child, I believe.  She's writing about the corneal infection she herself has at the moment.  I found the post a little overwhelming and incredibly moving.  And I started to cry.  Then I exited the site.

I'm on vacation.  I have two beautiful, healthy children.  I have a home, for the moment.  Everyone I love is well as 2011 draws to a close.  That's enough to be thankful for tonight.

Go visit Jamesie beats the tumor.  Leave a message for its author.  Tell her you're praying for her.  Then pray for her.

Saint Marty salutes today's BON.

A worthy BON

No comments:

Post a Comment