Friday, August 31, 2012

August 31: Getting Through With the Day

My whole goal for this last day of August is to survive.  Yes, this week has been horrible.  School.  Work.  Church.  Everything sucked on many levels.  Today, I have to go grocery shopping.  My car is at the garage being repaired, to the tune of $800.  Tomorrow, I volunteered to help out at the Marquette Marathon.  I have to be there at 6:30 a.m.  The only good thing about that commitment is that I will be done by 8:30 a.m.  On Sunday, I will be playing with my praise band at the local Labor Day Blues Fest.  That, of course, is a volunteer gig, as well.  Pretty much, if you're keeping tabs, my entire weekend is shot, except for Monday.

I don't know how I'm going to pay for groceries, car repairs,  back-to-school supplies for my daughter, and my mortgage.  There's simply not enough money to go around.  Now, I could go all Saint Peter or Paul and say that God will provide.  You know, all that stuff about the birds or the air never having to worry about where their next meal is coming from.  Yesterday, however, a bird fell out of a pine tree by my dad's house.  It looked like it had been torn apart by a cat or crow.  That didn't give me much confidence in God's providence.

So, Marty will be retaining his title as the patron saint of worriers.  Hallelujah.

Lord, don't let a crow get me today...

No comments:

Post a Comment