Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20: Being Productive

I love being productive.

I knew this morning that I had a lot of busy work to get done.  Detail work.  Little tasks that amounted to a whole pile of time.  Well, I have accomplished everything I set out to accomplish today and more.  I actually completed my syllabus this afternoon.  I didn't expect to finish a final draft of that until tomorrow afternoon.  However, once I started working on it, I just kept going.  It's done, and I feel great about myself.  Yes, I am patting myself on the back.  This means that I can pretty much relax this evening after my meeting at church.

I wish I cold always feel this productive.  I like being ahead of schedule.  It puts my mind at ease.  But I'm not generally this organized or ambitious.  I tend to be a terrible procrastinator.  If I hadn't finished my syllabus this afternoon, I probably would have pushed it off until Friday, and then I would have been in a state of panic, considering classes start next Monday.  I want to be over-prepared for stuff like that.

I have these two opposing natures:  wanting to be over-prepared versus wanting to put everything off until the last minute.  It's a terrible dilemma.  When push comes to shove, my over-prepared persona wins out.  However, I can be easily persuaded by my procrastinating persona to sit on the couch and watch a rerun of M*A*S*H instead.

No M*A*S*H for Saint Marty today.  B. J. and Hawkeye will have to stay in the Swamp, drinking by themselves, unless they can convince Colonel Potter to join them.

Sorry, boys, not tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment