Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 16: New Laptop, Same Blue Circle of Death

Well, I exchanged my old laptop for a new laptop at the university this afternoon.  I thought perhaps that the blue circle of death which plagues me when I type blog posts might disappear.  It took me over an hour to get the new laptop registered and configured and logged on.  Now, I sit here, typing my first post on it.

Within five seconds of getting on to Blogger, the blue circle of death appeared.  Thus, the BCOD is not my laptop's issue, as I thought.  It is Blogger's issue.  I am relieved and frustrated at the same time.  Until Google took over Blogger, I never had any problems with BCODs.  Now, every other keystroke brings up a five-minute wait in cyber nowhere.  It is so frustrating.

On the upside, my new laptop is beautiful, and the screen is quite nice.  A coworker recently described my old laptop as a dinosaur.  I don't think it was quite that old, but it was definitely in the neanderthal stage when it comes to technology.  Now, at least, I'm in the early 21st century.  I never get the newest laptop models from the university.  I'm an adjunct.  I'm not that important.

But I'm important enough to receive the first generation rejects.

Saint Marty is moving up in the world.

Not quite this bad any more

1 comment:

  1. Enter the Era of the digital age where Computers & Laptops Deals rule, to keep up, brands like Dell, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo and Sony offer you innovation in the palm of your hand. Colossal power, elegance and beauty all gift wrapped into your computer needs. Only at dealaboo.com

    ReplyDelete