Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29: Undecking the Halls, Frustrations, Book Club

My boss told me yesterday that I needed to take down the Christmas decorations in the office before I go on vacation next week.  She seems to forget that it takes me over a week to put everything up.  I don't have anybody to help me undecorate, so today is really going to suck.  Plus, taking down Christmas decorations tends to depress me.  I'm not in the greatest of moods as it is.  Therefore, this day is going to kill me.

I made some egg nog pies last night.  I think they turned out fairly well.  The filling tasted pretty good.  I wanted to use Nilla Wafer crusts, but my wife bought two graham cracker crusts instead.  I could have freaked, but I chose to remain calm.  And I didn't feel like going through the hassle of returning the graham cracker crusts at Wal-Mart.  I kind of hate going into that store.

As you may notice, my frustrations are plentiful this morning.  When people start showing up at work, I know it's going to make my skin crawl.  I'm also having some problems getting my iPad to do things I want it to do.  Like e-mail pictures.  Like upload pictures onto a blog post.  Like get my wife a job.  Like refinance my mortgage.  Like  buy me a bigger house.  Like get me a full-time teaching job at the university.  Like publish my new book of poems.  Like win me the Pulitzer Prize.  Like win me the Nobel Prize in Literature.  Perhaps I'm being a little unrealistic.

My book club is coming to my house tonight, and I've actually finished the book already.  I just need to print out a discussion guide, and I'll be all set.  I found one yesterday without too much trouble.  I just have to remember where I found it.

Saint Marty needs to start undecking the halls now.

Mr. Potters of the world celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment