Friday, December 2, 2011

December 2: Last Night, Today, Tomorrow and Beyond

My son last night, bring on the holy water
Last night's rehearsal/organizational meeting at church went pretty much the way I expected it to go with my tired, three-year-old son in tow.  It's not my son's fault.  It was pushing 9 p.m., and he'd been at school and daycare for quite a few hours.  All he really wanted when I brought him to church was a bottle of milk, Santa Claus Is Coming to Town on the TV, and then his crib.  Can't really blame him for the fact that he was running through the church like Damien Thorn from The Omen after about an hour and a half of being there.

Today, I have to go shopping for groceries, my daughter's birthday party on Sunday, and a couple of potlucks next week.  I also have to e-mail the final two writing assignments to my Good Books and Mythology students, create the program for next week's Christmas Sunday School program, and come up with a design for my daughter's birthday cake.  That's just the first part of today.  This evening, I have to clean my house and take my daughter to her dance class.

Then, tomorrow, I have to help set up for the Benefit Christmas Concert, which happens in the evening.  I have to drive my daughter to her dance class in the afternoon, pick up the birthday cake for her party, and somehow squeeze in going to 4:30 Mass before I head out for the concert at 7 p.m.  Not fun, folks.

I haven't even gone near Sunday, which is going to be a joy of children's choir rehearsal, worship, and birthday party set-up, hosting, and clean-up.  Then, I have to go home, make a quiche for the potluck on Monday and cupcakes for my daughter to take to school for her birthday.

If Saint Marty isn't ready for the psych floor by Sunday evening, he might actually survive the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment