Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 28: Book to Finish, Charts to Complete, Pies to Make

I have a few things to do today. 

First, I need to finish reading the book for my book club meeting tomorrow night.  We're reading Dave Barry's The Shepherd, the Angel, and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog.  It's a quick reading book, and I'm about half-way through it.  Generally, I'm not one for stories about animals.  I'm probably the only person I know who hasn't read Marley and Me.  Just can't get into tales about adorable animals who save people's lives and then die.  Not my cup of tea.  I didn't even like watching the Benji movies when I was a kid.  When I read a book or watch a movie, I want human drama, not trained creatures doing tricks.  Don't send me any angry messages.  I'm not Saint Francis of Assisi.

At work, I have a ton of charts to complete.  That means looking up a lot of missing reports and printing them out.  I just learned how to do this last week.  It was not a fun process.  My dearly departed coworker (no, she didn't die; she moved to another job) could complete this task in a matter of minutes.  It took me a few hours to figure out what I was doing wrong the first time.  Now, I have to go back and try again.  I sure hope it doesn't take me quite so long.

Then, tonight, I have to make a couple of egg nog pies and some crescent weenies.  If you haven't noticed, crescent weenies are a staple at potlucks/dinners I host.  The pies are something new.  I've never made one before, and I'm not really following a recipe.  I'm following the advice of another coworker who makes a lot of pies.  I think they will turn out alright.  If they don't, there will be plenty of other dishes at book club for people to fill up on.  This meeting is our holiday gathering.  Usually, the food is just a little bit better.  We usually eat well at book club, but at Christmas, we feast.

Yes, I did pick out a pair of glasses yesterday.  They are quite stylish.  I will post a picture of myself wearing them when they come in.  Think Buddy Holly and George Clooney mixed together.  That's what I'll look like.

Well, Saint Marty needs to get reading and working.  The baking comes tonight.

P.S.  Don't forget to enter the 500th Post Name My iPad Contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment