Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1: Band Practice Tonight, Son, Disaster

I'm really not looking forward to practicing with my band tonight at church.  The way it's looking, I'm going to have to take my three-year-old son with me.  If last night is any indication of how this evening's practice is going to go, it's going to be a hell of time.

Again, this all boils down to not having a babysitter.  I'm still trying to remain optimistic that my niece is going to phone and say she can watch my son while I'm rehearsing.  However, considering how my luck has been going the last few days, the chances of this happening are quickly dwindling.

Anchor's away!
I feel like I'm at the helm of the Titanic, knowing that an iceberg is on the way.  If I don't find a warm body to sit in the living room while my son sleeps in his crib tonight, I might as well cut a lifeboat loose and hop on board.  That's a pretty good metaphor for the way I'm feeling right about now:  I'm paddling my life boat in a really big, unfriendly ocean.

At the moment, I don't even want to go home, because I know it will just be the start of a horrendous few hours of my life.

Saint Marty would sell a kidney for three hours of childcare tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment