Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 23: Prayer Needed, Christmas Letters, Christmas Lists

Well, the Christmas decorating is done, and my Christmas letter is written and printed out.  I included a Christmas essay I wrote last year.  It seemed like an appropriate piece.  I think it turned out really well, and it's another item I can check off my holiday to-do list.

In addition, I typed up my Christmas wish list, as well.  Actually, I took my 2011 birthday list and revised/updated it.  Of course, right at the top of the list sits an iPad2.  I will continue to keep that at number one until I receive it or until the iPad3 comes out.  I'm not very hopeful that Santa will actually stuff an iPad into my stocking, but a guy's gotta hope.

Tonight, I have about three pecan pies to make for tomorrow's festivities.  I'm looking forward to having the day off.  However, I will be running a 10K race at 9 a.m. on Thanksgiving.  I feel fairly confident I'll be able to complete it with little trouble.  After that, I plan to eat a great deal.

Now, I want to ask anyone who reads this post to say a few prayers for my friend's daughter.  This girl, "Lilly," is a single mother of two small children.  She recently went to a Christian-based treatment program for alchohol and drug addiction and did wonderfully.  My friend told me one day, "She's finally found the Lord."

This morning, Lilly had surgery.  They discovered a mass in her lung a little while ago.  It was pressing on her heart.  Initially, the doctors thought it might be sarcoidosis or pulmonary fibrosis.  Then they thought it was a fungal infection.  Yesterday, they determined that it wasn't a fungal infection.  At around 8 a.m. today, a surgeon cracked open Lilly's chest to remove the mass and do biopsies.  Lilly is in ICU right now, and my friend and her family are headed for a really tough Thanksgiving.  They are awaiting the results of the pathologies.

Pray for Lilly and Lilly's children and family.  They've been through many trials in the last few years.  They deserve some goodness in their lives.

As a prospective saint, Marty wishes he could wave a hand over Lilly and cure whatever affliction she has.  He can't do that.  But he think good thoughts and be thankful for the blessings in his life.

Because Saint Marty really is a blessed man.

Lilly's in need of a little of this

No comments:

Post a Comment