Friday, November 18, 2011

November 18: Radio Station, More Decorating, Not Freaking

This morning, I have to go the our local Public Radio station to record my Christmas essay.  That's right.  I received an e-mail and a phone call yesterday/last night to confirm my time.  At 9 a.m., I will be sitting in a sound-proof booth, reading my little piece.  I've practiced it a few times and think I can get through it without a problem.  It's a difficult essay for me.  A little painful and dark.  However, I think it's a side of Christmas not too many people know.  That's why I wrote it.

Saint Marty , on the air
This morning, at work, I also have to do some more Christmas decorating, if I'm going to remain on schedule.  It shouldn't take me too long.  The hardest part of the whole process is taking down the old decorations and dragging out the boxes of Christmas finery.  That will take me a while.  After that's done, I'll be able to throw things together fairly quickly.  But it's a lot of work.  My whole goal with decorating at work is to have it all finished by the day before Thanksgiving.  That way, when I show up for work on Black Friday, I can just sit back and bask in the Christmas glow.  And eat a lot of chocolate.

I was cataloging all of things I have to accomplish by next weekend.  Grading.  Reading.  Decorating.  Writing.  Organizing a church service.  Rehearsing music.  I'm trying not to freak out.  However, freaking out is one of my specialities.  I need to keep myself in check.  With my personality, that's kind of tough.

Wish Saint Marty luck at the radio station this morning.  He needs to be in fine voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment