Friday, November 4, 2011

November 4: New Hat from Wonder Twin

After this morning’s wale of toe, I wanted to lighten things up a little bit.  Therefore, I’m going to write about my new hat.
One of my best friends, Wonder Twin (yes, the very same), knitted me a hat for my birthday.  Actually, she started knitting the hat about three years ago and has been stalled for a couple of years.  This morning, she wanted to start a new knitting project, but she felt incredible guilt about starting something new when she hadn’t finished my hat.  Therefore, she invested the twenty minutes she needed and completed it.
When she started knitting my hat, I had a black winter jacket.  Now, I have a bright blue, L. L. Bean winter jacket.  She’s a little disappointed I don’t have my black jacket any more, but I told her I couldn’t wait another three years for another hat.
I’m very happy with my hat.  It’s got the whole Ralphie from A Christmas Story vibe going for it.  My new hat has lifted my spirits today.  I wasn’t feeling particularly good about anything, and now, I have a toasty warm reminder on my head that I have a friend who cares about me.  Of course, the friend is one of the biggest procrastinators in the world, but she’s still my friend and loves me.

Saint Marty is going to have a warm head this winter.
Somebody love me

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I made your day! A correctionis needed: it took me 2 years and 8 months to make, not 3 years. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete