Sunday, November 27, 2011

November 27: Lost Voice, Book Club, New Cartoon

So, I lost my voice last night.  I wasn't able to sing any of the music I was supposed to sing at the Hanging of the Greens service this morning.  It really sucked.  There were a couple of numbers I really wanted to be a part of.  It just didn't work out that way.  I had to stand mute by my keyboard the entire worship service.  If you can't tell, I'm not a person who stays quiet very often.  I kind of like to be involved and vocal.  Other people who know me would say I have a big mouth.

My voice is still gone, and I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to teach tomorrow.  In a little over an hour, my Book Club is showing up at my house for our monthly meeting.  This month, we read John Irving's Saving Piggy Sneed.  I've read it before, a long time ago.  I just had a little time to review some of my favorite essays.  However, I just have to say that John Irving is, like, a freakin' genius.  I've loved him since his Garp days.  I just hope I'm able to throw in my two cents' worth tonight, or at least a cent. 

I do have a new cartoon for you today.  Yesterday, I received my first Christmas card of the holiday season.  I wish I was that organized, but I'm not.  Anyway, I need to get home to get my house in shape for my Book Club guests.

Saint Marty wishes you a silent night.  That's all he can do.  He doesn't have any voice, remember?

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment