Friday, November 11, 2011

November 11: Lucky Day, Decorating Again, Recovering

Welcome to 11-11-11.  For some reason, people are making a big deal out of this configuration of digits.  I suppose it doesn't happen very often.  The next time will be 12-12-12, next year.  Then everybody's pretty much screwed for ninety years or so.  I don't plan to do anything to take advantage of the supposed good luck this day is supposed to bring.  I try not be very superstitious.  However, if I find out today that I won a poetry contest I entered, I may think differently.  The chances of that happening are fairly slim, so I will maintain my skepticism.

After yesterday afternoon's posted confession, I felt pretty horrible about myself for most of the night.  I was sort of hoping that airing my dirty underwear in public might dissipate its rankness.  Didn't quite work out that way.  It was even worse when I woke up this morning.  I'm still recovering from those 24 hours of negative thoughts and wishes.  For those of my disciples who haven't read yesterday afternoon's post, prepare yourselves before clicking on it.  It ain't pretty.
Just call me mossy

Today is new day.  I am going to try to avoid that swamp of thought today.  I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to do that, since I have to work a good portion of the day.  I'm planning to put up some Christmas decorations in the office this morning.  That may help.  I'll just put some Christmas carols on my iPod and try to forget the messes of my life for a while.

Wish Saint Marty luck.

UPDATE:  Some of you may remember a post of a month or so ago where I asked you to pray for a friend who'd been out of work for close to two and a half years.  Good news.  She landed a job on Tuesday in her field of specialty.  She has a salary, health insurance, and peace of mind.  Just some evidence that prayer does work.  Good job, disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment