Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 13: Run, Gray Day, New Cartoons

I went for about a three-mile run this morning, and it felt great.  I haven't been for a run that long since I got sick a few weeks ago.  I couldn't.  Every time I tried to exert myself, I coughed up lung tissue.  It wasn't pretty.  I felt like Anton Chekhov on a bad day at the spa.  Today, however, I didn't feel like I was going to die when I finished running.  I may actually be able to run that 10K on Thanksgiving morning.  We'll see.

It has been a gray, rainy day.  Practically all of the snow on my front lawn is gone.  That doesn't hurt my feelings at all.  I wasn't quite ready for full-time winter, anyhow.  One of the results of this weather is a general lack of energy.  Pretty much, all anyone feels like doing on days like today is crawling into the nearest recliner and taking  a four hour nap, including me. 

I fought that urge this afternoon.  My son was asleep.  My wife was asleep.  My daughter was at grandma's house.  The house was cold and quiet.  Perfect for nice snooze.  Instead, I drew a new cartoon and worked on a writing project.  I got two things accomplished from my to-do list for today.  I generally have about 12 to 15 items on this list every day, so I felt pretty productive.  I never actually complete everything on my daily lists, but I wouldn't be able to survive without my trusty list.  It's a sickness, I know.

My sister is kicking me off the computer now, so I just have enough time to upload this weekends new cartoons.  Two new episodes of the Confessions of Saint Marty.  Enjoy.

Saint Marty has to go check his list to see what to do next.

Confessions of Saint Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment