Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21: No...Caffeine...Trying...to...Think

My ass is really dragging right now.  I don't know where that saying originated, but it's a pretty apt description of my state at the moment.  I fell asleep last night correcting quizzes, and I've been walking through concrete for most of today.  My day isn't going to be over any time soon, either.  I have meetings at church tonight, so I won't be getting a break until about 9 p.m. tonight.  This is Monday to the tenth power.  Thank God it's a short week, or I might be a pile of plasma and goo by Wednesday night.

The problem with being in this caffeine-less state is that my mind is working about as fast as my laptop.  Not very fast folks.  It keeps freezing up, getting stuck on a letter.  There's this long pause, and then the words that I've typed come tumbling onto the screen like a volcanic eruption.  It's bad.  I feel like I'm stuttering with my fingers.

Not a legitimate excuse to cancel a meeting
The thing that bothers me the most about tonight is that I'm going to miss the finals of Dancing With the Stars.  I tried to call people to reschedule the meetings, but nobody bought my Dancing With the Stars excuse.  Some of them didn't even know what Dancing With the Stars is.

Well, I suppose I should try to correct some quizzes, get ready for teaching tomorrow.  One more class to go before vacation begins.  I have to talk about the Trojan War in mythology tomorrow.  I'm betting that not too many people are going to be showing up for the story of the big wooden horse.

Saint Marty...needs...Diet....Mountain...Dew...

No comments:

Post a Comment