Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 30: New Journal Joy

I just cracked open a new Moleskine journal this afternoon.  I love starting a new journal.  The empty, lined pages remind me of the possibilities that exist in my life.  Yes, the last few pages of my life have been scribbled with disappointment.  But, tonight, tomorrow morning are crisp, pure, unwritten.

So, this is the first page of my new journal.  These words are like footprints in new snow, and those footprints could lead me anywhere.  I will follow and see where I end up.

A new journal makes me want to write a new poem.  An essay.  A short story.  A new journal makes  me want to write and write and write, all night long.  I almost want to skip posting this to the blog so I can work on a poem.

If you can't tell, Saint Marty really likes new journals.

I know you're jealous

No comments:

Post a Comment