Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July 2: Christmas in July



Yes, you read that title correctly.  Christmas.  I am currently listening to Christmas music as I type this post.  The year is already half-gone.  In my mind, it is perfectly acceptable to start decking the halls with some carols.

Christmas music makes me happy.  It’s full of hope and light.  It’s my favorite kind of music.  There’s no other genre of tunes that promises presents and cookies and family and turkey.  Oh, yeah, and that whole salvation of the world thing, too.  You’re not going to get that from any Taylor Swift song, that’s for sure.  Unless you’re listening to her Christmas album.

Tonight, I may even pop It’s a Wonderful Life into my DVD player.  If I could find some eggnog in the dairy section, I’d buy a gallon of it on the way home.  I’m not sick.  I’m just a little holly jolly.  That’s what the ghosts of Christmas hammered into Scrooge:  keep Christmas in your heart all year long.

This July 4, Saint Marty’s going to a Christmas parade.  In the evening, he’ll go watch some Christmas fireworks.  He may even set off a few Christmas sparklers with his kids.  Merry Christmas to all.

Can I get a "Ho, ho, ho"?

No comments:

Post a Comment