Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1: Another Apology, Staph Infection, Magic 8-Ball Monday

After yesterday's poetic "Apology," I find myself having to apologize again.  I meant to post earlier today, but my entire day got away from me.

Work at the medical office was crazy.  To give you an idea of what I had to deal with:  I had an entire half of a surgical day cancelled on me.  That doesn't count all the other crap:  faxes and phone calls and surgical estimates.  It kind of sucked.

Then I had to get home so my wife could go to a doctor's appointment.  She has a staph infection on her foot.  Long, gross story with lots of pus.  While she was at the doctor, I went for a run with my son.  Then, I had to drive another twenty miles to pick up my wife's prescriptions at the pharmacy.  To make a long story short, I didn't get back home until nearly 5 p.m.

I'm a little tuckered out.  Not sure I have a whole lot more to give tonight.  One of the other things I did today was update my resume for a job I'm considering applying for.  Stress the "considering."  I don't want to go into detail, but, if you've been reading Saint Marty for any length of time, you already know how well I do with change.  I don't do change.  However, I can't pass up this opportunity.  Good money.  Interesting challenge.

So, my question for Holden Caulfield is:

Will I land this job?

And Holden's answer is:

"Yes, sir."

"Sure?"

"Yes."

That is one of the clearest answers I've ever received on a Magic 8-Ball Monday.  It's not a "no" or a wimpy "maybe."  It's a "Yes, sir."


Saint Marty will get his cover letter done tomorrow.

SpongeBob agrees, too

No comments:

Post a Comment