Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 18: Christmas in July

Yes, I'm sitting in my living room, listening to Christmas music on my iPod.

I'm doing it because most yuletide music gives my a sense of peace and happiness.  I need me some of that tonight.  On the chair next to me is the mechanic's estimate for my car repair. $810.  To put it into perspective, that's the equivalent of about two mortgage payments or three car payments or eight weeks' worth of groceries.  In order to raise that kind of cash in a hurry, I'd have to sell 81 copies of my book of poems this coming Monday night at the poetry reading.

So, it's time to deck the halls of my head with a few Christmas carols.  I don't want to worry or fret any more today.  I want to finish typing this post, proofread it, publish it, and then go lie down in bed with a couple of Oreo cookies and a Xanax, washed down by a glass of chocolate milk.  Don't knock it 'til you try it, folks.

It's Saint Marty's breakfast, lunch, and dinner of champions.

Santa, take me away...

No comments:

Post a Comment