Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22: U. P. Book Tour Reading at Erickson Center

Well, I'm back in my room at the Chamberlin's Ore Forest Inn in Curtis, Michigan.  The reading at the Erickson Center went really well.  Sue Harrison was unbelievably lovely and generous.  Jen Howard was funny and fantastic, as always.  Jen told me I did well, but I think she was being kind.

Over all, I think the night was a success.  The audience was made up mainly of people who work for the Erickson Center.  However, they seemed to respond to all the readers.  They didn't throw any rotten cabbages at me, and I didn't notice anyone falling asleep.  I guess I'll put that in the "win" column.

I can hear thunder and wind outside right now.  It looks like it's going to be a stormy night.  Thank goodness I brought along my security blanket.  Well, actually, I didn't bring my blankie, but I did have a gin and tonic at the bar a little while ago with writer Jen Howard.  That should get me through the night.

Saint Marty's tired folks.  Time to read a little, brush some teeth, and go to sleep.

Me and my Star Wars tie and the Erickson Center

No comments:

Post a Comment