Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14: Father's Birthday and Fireworks, New Cartoon

Yes, I know today is supposed to be Classic Saint Marty Sunday.  I don't have the energy to look back and find an old post I want to rerun.  Maybe I'll do it tomorrow afternoon.  It's summer time.  Even the TV networks shake things up during the warm months.

Today also happens to be my father's birthday.  We had a nice dinner, and my wife and I gave my dad a nice framed picture of my son and dad cutting our lawn together.  We had the photos, and I meant to give them to my dad on Father's Day.  I forgot.  So, this was my second chance.

Last night, my family went to the beach and watched fireworks.  It was the climax of a celebration called Pioneer Week in a neighboring city.  It's usually the best fireworks show of the summer.  There were bratwursts and corn on the cob and kettle popcorn.  It's a great home town celebration.

Unfortunately, it's all downhill now when it comes to summer.  There's really nothing else that happens in July or August.  I have a few poetry readings to attend.  I also have a nice vacation planned with my kids.

Saint Marty needs another weekend to recover from his weekend.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment