Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 8: No Excuses Tonight, Another Day Done, Weekend

In case you're wondering whether I worked on Project Memoir last night, don't ask.  I had every intention of sitting down when I got home and putting fountain pen to journal.  Instead, I grabbed a bag of Fritos and watched American Idol.  If it's any consolation, I feel incredibly guilty today.  Therefore, instead of making a promise to write tonight, I'll simply say that I'm going to do my best.  Really, that's all any of us can do all the time.

My day is almost done.  I have no obligations to be anywhere or do anything tonight.  I just need to feed and bathe my son; feed my daughter; make school lunches; and get my kids to bed.  That's it.  Pretty simple.  At 8 p.m., I have the poetry editor of the university's literary magazine coming over to look at a couple of poems.  That should take about half an hour.  Plenty of time to think and write after that visit.

I prefer "Merry Thanksgivoweenlentinetrick's Day"

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  I have some house cleaning tasks to complete.  Things that should have been done a while ago and can't really be put off any longer without the neighbors complaining.  They involve Christmas lights and decorations.  That's all I'm going to say.

My wife starts her new job on Monday.  She's excited/terrified.  Normal new job jitters.  I think she's going to do great.  (I know that statement isn't grammatically correct, but, in its colloquial way, it communicates my emotions very effectively.)  Once she gets into the swing of her new schedule and duties, she'll be much more relaxed.

Saint Marty is in a calm place in his life at the moment.  It's a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment