Saturday, March 17, 2012

March 17: St. Patrick's Day, Carol Dip, New Cartoon

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.  No, I'm not going to go out carousing.  I'm not going to paint the town green and drink a keg of green beer.  I'm too old and have to get up too early for church tomorrow morning.  I will celebrate more traditionally.  I will watch The Lawrence Welk Show and go to bed.  Maybe I'll eat a corned beef and cabbage pizza.

I don't have a lot of time today to write a reflective post.  Therefore, I'm going to do a Carol dip.  For those of my disciples unfamiliar with this practice, I shall explain it to you.  I think of a question.  I open my copy of A Christmas Carol, flip through it, and randomly put my finger on a page.  Where my finger lands is the answer to my question.  It's like using the book as a Magic 8 Ball.

So, here goes...

My question is this:  Will I win the poetry contest I entered this week?

And the answer is...

"No, no!  There's father coming," cried the two young Cratchits, who were everywhere at once.  "Hide, Martha, hide!"

Well, that's shitty.  I don't have to look to deeply into that statement to interpret the answer.  All I have to do is read the first two words.  That isn't quite the answer for which I was hoping.  However, it's the answer I got, and I have to live with it.

Saint Marty's gotta run.  His daughter's waiting at the dance studio.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment