Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19: Suck, Suck, and More Suckage

This day started out fine and quickly deteriorated into suckitude.

First, my three-year-old son woke up sick.  My wife had to get to work.  We couldn't send him to school, and we couldn't ship him off to daycare.  I quickly realized I was going to have to take the day off from work.  So, fine.  Suck one.

Then I called my sister, who was also off from work, and asked her if she could  babysit my son while I taught my class at the university.   She said she had plans.  (Translation:  she was meeting another of my sisters and my brother at McDonald's for lunch.)  I had to cancel class today.  Suck two.

I drove home, started taking care of my son.  My wife went to work.  About an hour later, my wife came home.  She was fired from her new job.  Suck three.

My wife and I took my son to the pediatrician.  He had an ear infection and a sore throat and  a 102-degree fever.  I had to drive to the pharmacy and wait FOUR HOURS for the doctor to phone in his prescription.  Suck four.

I went to meetings tonight at church.  Suck five.

So, you see, suckage was had all 'round this day.  The one bright spot:  my wife had a phone interview this morning with another employer.  She'll find out on Friday if she gets a live interview.  One, bright, shining moment of hope in a cesspool of suckage.

Did Saint Marty mention that today sucked?

Yeah, this is pretty much the way it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment