Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31: Over and Done, Overdone, Happy Halloween

I am coming to you from the flipside of trick-or-treating.  We are over and done.  We are overdone.  My daughter is at dance class, and the chocolate is being counted.  It was a decent haul.  Handfuls of chocolate--Snickers and Milky Way and Twix.  It's going to be a good night at Saint Marty's house tonight.

My son was very energetic the first half hour.  The second half hour, he was dragging his little pumpkin around.  By the third half hour, he was one tired little fireman.  One of his big problems was that he refused to let me empty his pumpkin of the candy he collected, so he was lugging around about 25 extra pounds of sugar-coated weight by the end of the expedition.

We had people stopping their cars next to us to admire my daughter's Little Red outfit and my son's fireman duds.  I have to say, I didn't see another girl or boy with the same costumes all night long.  That will make my sister, who purchased the outfits, quite happy.  My sister tends to be a little competitive about things like that.  Unlike me.

After I pick my daughter up from dance class, we have one more stop to make.  We're going to visit the house of our friends who cooked us that great meal of Indian food on Friday.  My daughter promised to stop by to show off her costume.  It shouldn't take too long.  Then it will be home and Dancing With the Stars.  Hopefully we won't miss too much of it.

This post is the last of October.  Tomorrow morning, when I sit down to type, it will officially be the holiday season.  And I still need to get to work on my Christmas essay for the radio station.  I just got an e-mail about it this afternoon.

Saint Marty's gotta get his yuletide on.

A good haul for Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment