Saturday, October 22, 2011

October 22: Pumpkins, Flu Shots, New Cartoon

I just got back from a doctor's appointment with my daughter.  She got a flu shot, and the pediatrician and I had to pin her down to get the needle in her arm.  Much crying a gnashing of teeth ensued.  It was not a good scene.  I felt so bad that I took her to Shopko and bought her a new pair of shoes to go with her Halloween costume.  It's been an expensive morning.

Pretty soon, I have to drive my daughter to her dance class, and then we're going pumpkin shopping.  Last year, I made the mistake of buying and carving our pumpkins a couple of weeks before All Hallows Eve.  By trick-or-treating day, both of our jack-o-lanterns looked like residents of a nursing home.  Plus, they gave off an odor that could have come from the grave.  It was not pleasant.  Kids avoided our house because of our zombie squashes.  I guess the little ghosts and SpongeBobs were afraid the pumpkins might roll off our front porch and eat their brains.  We had a lot of leftover Milky Ways and Twixes on November 1.

Tonight, I have to attend a wedding reception for my wife's cousin who got married in Vegas last May.  I know, I know.  It's a little late, but her cousin was about seven months pregnant at the time and in no mood to party when she said, "I do."  Hence the festivities tonight.  We're going to go, get some cake, maybe a cup of punch (or something stronger, if it's available), and then leave.  It's wonderful having a young child to use as an excuse to bug out early from family get-togethers.

Saint Marty has a new confession for you today.  He hopes you enjoy it.

Confessions of Saint Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment