Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October 5: Happy Saint Marty's Day!

Sing with me everybody:

Happy birthday to me!
Happy birthday to me!
Happy birthday, Saint Marty!
Happy birthday to me!

Yes, the great day has finally arrived.  Saint Marty's Day is here.  I know everyone has been dutiful in their preparations.  I, myself, went out yesterday evening after the poetry reading I attended and had the traditional Saint Marty's Day beverage:  Tangueray and tonic.  It was lovely.  I also had a plate of chicken nachos that was absolutely heavenly.

Last night, I'm sure parents had a hard time getting the kids to bed.  After setting out their plates of Saint Marty's day cookies and glasses of gin and tonic, brushing their teeth, and saying their prayers, I'm sure the children of the world fell asleep, visions of Sugar Daddies daincing in their heads (not a big fan of sugar plums).  I stayed up a little later than usual las night.  After my birthday drink with my wife and good friend, it took some time for me to wind down.

I suppose you want to know what Saint Marty is going to do this Saint Marty's Day.  Well, I'm working and teaching.  I have to stop by the Secretary of State's office after work to renew my driver's license and license tabs for my car.  Then, I have to attend my niece's birthday party.  I know, I know.  What's up with that?  Well, her birthday was actually last Tuesday, but the family party was scheduled on Saint Marty's Day.  She's a teenager, and I'm an adult.  So I have to act like an adult, I guess.  I'll save the foot-stomping and whining for this blog.  All I can say is that somebody better wish me a "happy birthday" tonight at this party, or I'm going to be one pissed saint.  It won't be pretty.

After the party, I have to go to choir practice and band practice.  Pretty much a normal Wednesday for me, aside from the brithday party for my niece.  However, a couple of coworkers and I are having a small, exclusive Saint Marty's Day potluck lunch.  I made a pepperoni quiche.  Therefore, I will have a couple of "me" moments to revel in.  After all, today really is all about me.  Me.  Me.  Me. Me.

In case you didn't get that:  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.

I think I've made my point.  I'm going to get to work now.  Yes, even on my birthday, I have to work.  It's not fair, but a saint's work is never done.  You know, all that prayer and walking on water and curing lepers stuff.  It's a living.

But remember, today is all about Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty.  Saint Marty. 

Happy Saint Marty's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment