Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3: Idea for New Poem, Prayers for Friend, Prayer Warriors

Well, my disciples, the day has gotten away from me yet again.  I have an idea for a new poem, but it has remained just that.  An idea.  If I get some time this evening, I may work on it a little.  If not, it may have to wait until tomorrow or Wednesday (Saint Marty's Day).  It's a really good idea, so I'm a little excited to see what comes of it.

I do need to get a little serious for a moment now.  I have a friend who has been out of work for some time.  She has been searching and interviewing all over the place, but, as with many people these days, she has not had any luck.  She's a great friend, a lover of Jesus, and just plain cool.  Tomorrow morning, she has an interview for a really good job. 

I'm asking everybody who reads this post, stumbles upon it, or just passes through to pray for my friend.  She needs this job.  She deserves it after a couple of really tough years.  Prayer can do powerful things.  I believe prayer can get my friend this job.  I want all of my disciples to become prayer warriors over the next day or so.  Pray for my friend.  Arm her with the grace she needs.  Let her know that God is on her side.

Now, I know I usually don't get that Pentecostal in my blog.  People who speak like that tend to make me a little nervous.  However, something just put the idea for this post in my head.  Maybe it was the Holy Spirit.  Maybe Jesus.  Or maybe the stir fry I had for dinner tonight.  I don't know.  But do me a favor.  Say a prayer for my friend tonight or tomorrow morning.  Send good thoughts her way.

That's what Saint Marty's going to do.

We can all be prayer warriors

No comments:

Post a Comment