Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 16: Kalahari, Dance, Whassup

Okay, people, I know I missed posting yesterday, but whassup with the low traffic yesterday for the blog?  Seven page views.  Really?  I mean, I usually am pretty good about giving you something new every day, but yesterday, by the time I got back from the amusement park with my daughter, I was in no shape to be witty, profound, or poetic.  I was just exhausted.

On days where I don't post something new, I suggest you go back to an old post, something from a year ago, and think of it as a rerun of one of your favorite TV programs.  Call it the Best of Saint Marty Show.  For instance, one of my favorite episodes of The Bob Newhart Show is the Thanksgiving episode where he gets drunk and tries to order moo goo gai pan.  I could watch that particular episode every day and not get tired of it.  Next time you check Saint Marty and don't find anything new (which is a rarity), tune in to his moo goo gai pan rerun.  You won't be disappointed.

Tonight is our last night here at the Kalahari in the Wisconsin Dells.  My daughter has danced for two days straight, and her feet are aching.  We just got back from the indoor amusement park, and she's pretty excited.  She won 1000 tickets from one of the arcade games.  That means she got to trade those tickets in for some prizes that probably cost around 75 cents, but she was ecstatic.  Just the look on her face was worth the $78 I spent on tokens for her to win.  (I'm exaggerating a little bit there.)  Then we rode the ferris wheel and had a blast.

My last piece of wisdom for tonight is a little bit of fatherly bragging.  My ten-year-old daughter worked her butt off this weekend.  She took like 14 or 15 dance classes over the course of two days and worked like crazy.  She is a great kid, and I couldn't be prouder of her.  Plus, she's a great dancer.  And I'm not saying that just because she's my daughter.  She really has talent.

Saint Marty is allowed to be a little proud of his kid tonight.  She's the best daughter in the world.  Now, ask him about her after the trip home tomorrow, and he might have a different answer for you.  But tonight, she's aces.

Moo Goo Gai Pan episode--still the best

No comments:

Post a Comment