Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24: Another BON Rant, New Tactic

Yes, I'm going to write, yet again, about not yet being chosen as a Blog of Note (BON) by the team at Blogger.  I've threatened hunger strikes, animal sacrifice, and Stephen King-like curses.  Nothing has worked so far.  Of course, the closest I came to a hunger strike was turning down seconds of Hamburger Helper for dinner, and I can't really bring myself to harm cattle or sheep, although I have killed a few goldfish in my time.  The curse thing is harder to pull off than you would think.  It involves satanic ritual, and that would screw up my chances of becoming a saint.  I would be a double loser--in my life and afterlife.  Not willing to take that chance.

Therefore, I am at an impasse.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  I have reached some milestones on Saint Marty already.  I'm approaching 10,000 page views.  I've got twelve disciples.  Each day, I'm getting close to 100 hits.  Things are going well.  When I started this little blog two Lents ago, I really never thought I'd still be at it almost two years later.  It was a slow start.  I had to beg people to become followers at the beginning, and I forced friends to sit down at their computers and read each post.  Wait, that hasn't really changed.  Of course, Saint Marty has evolved over time.  Long-time disciples will remember the first name of the blog--Feasts & Famines.  (Sounds like a food blog, doesn't it?)  I've added poetry, cartoons, and lots of pictures.  If you go back and look at my first posts, you'll find a lot of great writing, but not a whole lot else.  Go ahead.  Look.  I'll wait.

Now, I have to decide how to make the people at Blogger sit up and take notice.  Maybe I should write each post in pig Latin.  Ouldn'tway atthay ebay nnoyingaay?  Something's gotta give here.  Any reader who has any suggestions, post them in the comment section here.  I'll try any reasonable idea, and probably unreasonable ones, as well (as long as it doesn't involve public nudity).  I didn't get the Nobel this year.  I need this shallow recognition of my hard work on Saint Marty.

Help a poor saint become a BON.

Evolution of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment