Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9: My Birthday Party, New Cartoon, Beautiful Day

It is another gorgeous, sunny day.  The temperature is around 75, and there's not a cloud in the sky.  I used to be a person who hated the sun.  When I was younger, I much preferred rain and darkness.  However, a few years back, I began to make a switch.  I don't know what caused it.  Perhaps it's just a natural part of the aging process.  Now, summer is my favorite season of the year.  (It used to be fall, with winter coming in a very close second.)  I mourn the end of August now like the death of a cherished family schnauzer. 

My family is throwing me a birthday party this evening.  Yes, a belated Saint Marty's Day party.  That's fine by me.  There will be gifts and cake and ice cream and warm tapioca pudding.  That's right.  I said warm tapioca pudding, which is my favorite dessert in the whole world.  My sister makes it for me.  This isn't instant crap.  This is real tapioca, made over a burner, stirred for at least an hour, and served almost tongue-scalding hot.  For those of my disciples who consider tapioca disgusting, let me tell you something:  warm tapioca is like a great big hug from Jesus.  Yes, it's that good.

I do have a new cartoon for you.  It touches upon one of my favorite birthday wishes at the moment.  Enjoy.

Saint Marty is going to go dream about tapioca now.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment