Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10: Running After Work

Yes, as soon as I get home tonight, I'm going to change into my running clothes and shoes, and then I will go for a run.  At the moment, I'm so tired my eyes are burning.  I have a feeling I'm going to be falling asleep very early tonight.  The weekend of dance has finally caught up with me (not to mention staying up until after 11 p.m. last night to watch the Tony Awards).  My body is ready to shut down for hibernation.

I know I don't ever get enough sleep at night.  At the very most, I'm able to catch about five-and-a-half hours.  I can do that for about three of four weeks, and then my mind says, "Uh, excuse me.  Remember me?  I need about eight hours of sleep every night?"  My mind can be a little pushy.

At the moment, I could put my head down on my laptop, close my eyes, and be in REM in about ten seconds.  In fact, I just slipped into REM for a few seconds as I was typing.  For a few moments, I was in Candyland, battling the evil Coconut Count Bonbon for control of the Great Chocolate Mountain.  I was losing, and getting coconut in my mouth at the same time.  I was not good REM.

I'm back for the time being, but, pretty soon, my eyelids are going to get all cement heavy again.  Then I will be back on the Mountain, battling an army of Almond Joys.

Saint Marty really despises coconut.

Yeah, coconut doesn't belong anywhere near this place

No comments:

Post a Comment