Thursday, June 13, 2013

June 13: A Good Day

I've had a good day.

I don't say that very often, especially on weekdays.  However, it really has been a pleasant, stress-free day.  Yes, I've had a ton of work to do.  Yes, the phone's been ringing off the hook.  Yes, I'm ready to get home, change into my exercise clothes, and go for a run.  But, despite all that, I've enjoyed myself today.

A coworker and I had our own private potluck.  I made a bacon quiche for breakfast.  She made a pizza casserole for lunch.  In between, we snacked on a blueberry pound cake another coworker brought.  It was lovely.  I've received some e-mails and phone calls from friends I haven't heard from in a while, and I haven't experienced the hectic rush that's dominated the last couple of weeks.

It was a good day.  A day for which I can be grateful.  Don't worry.  I'm not going to get all Oprah Winfrey on you.  I haven't stepped into Hallmark Card country.

Saint Marty just wants to give thanks for blueberry cake and pizza casserole.  For phone calls and e-mails from good people.  For the time to sit down and take a deep breath.

How can you not have a good day with this to eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment