Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 15: James Castle, Bullies, New Poem Tomorrow, New Cartoon

...There was this one boy at Elkton Hills, named James Castle, that wouldn't take back something he said about this very conceited boy, Phil Stabile.  James Castle called him a very conceited guy, and one of Stabile's lousy friends went and squealed on him to Stabile.  So Stabile, with about six other dirty bastards, went down to James Castle's room and went in and licked the goddam door and tried to make him take back what he said, but he wouldn't do it.  So they started in on him.  I won't even tell you what they did to him--it's too repulsive--but he still wouldn't take it back, old James Castle.  And you should've seen him.  He was a skinny little weak-looking guy, with wrists about as big as pencils.  Finally, what he did, instead of taking back what he said, he jumped out the window.  I was in the shower and all, and even I could hear him land outside...

There are bullies everywhere.  Holden deals with bullies.  My son deal will with bullies.  My daughter deals with bullies.  And I deal with bullies, everywhere, where I work, where I worship, where I live.  Unfortunately, a person simply can't get away from bullies.


Yesterday, I saw the results of institutional bullying.  It was mean.  It was cruel.  It was horrifying.  And it was unjust.  I'm doing what I can to combat it, but I still find myself completely flabbergasted and disgusted.  Phil Stabiles with small hearts and small souls can do a lot of damage with big mouths.

That's all Saint Marty can say about it.

P.S.  A new poem will be posted tomorrow.

Confessions of Saint Marty

from Sunday, June 9...



































and from today...



No comments:

Post a Comment