Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24: Apology for "Apology"

OK, I'm not really happy with the poem I posted last night.  It's not quite working for me.  I think some of its imagery is pretty good, but, as a whole, it's not holding together for me.  It isn't saying or doing anything interesting, except retelling the Jesus narrative from a little different perspective.  Big deal.

Keep an eye out for revisions of the poem this week.  I'm going to keep working on it until I'm satisfied.  Plus, I'm going to do something I've never done before.  I'm not going to go back to the old post containing the original "Apology" and change it.  I'm going to post each revision to show the progress toward the final product.  Call it a little work-in-progress project.  Hopefully, it will be interesting to see where the words take me.

Saint Marty needs to get to bed, as soon as Antiques Roadshow is over.

First draft of a Gary Soto poem

No comments:

Post a Comment