Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29: Behind-the-Scenes Documentary...

Look out, Oprah
Well, now that I've decided what to write about every morning, I have to decide what to do with my afternoon blog posts.  I know that Oprah did a behind-the-scenes kind of show on her network during her final year in syndication.  It was the highest rated show on the network, from what I understand.  Maybe, in the afternoons, I'll write about my preparations for upcoming posts.

That creates a dilemma for me at the moment, however.  I haven't even thought about what I'm going to write about tomorrow yet.  I've been too busy with the other tasks of my day to even do any prep work for tomorrow's writing.  Tomorrow, I'll be writing about the Saint of the Week.  That means I will take one of the saints whose feast days are celebrated this week and talk about him or her.  That gives me quite a bit to choose from, holy people with names like Narcissus and Benevenuta and Wolfgang.  I'm going to have to do a little research tonight.

Last night, I spent time with my daughter after my wife went to bed.  My daughter was finishing a project for language arts (that's what they call English class in elementary, middle, and high school these days).  She worked until well past eleven o'clock.  She had one melt-down during the evening, but she was quiet and focused most of the time.  I was so proud of her.  And after she was done, she helped me clean up the living room and got her backpack ready for the morning.  My daughter gave me a snapshot last night of what a great young woman she is going to become.

Saint Marty has to do his homework now.

No comments:

Post a Comment