Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 16: When Life Gives You Lemons...

We've all heard that old saying about lemons and what you should do with them.

Well, I've got a new take one for my disciples:

When life gives you lemons, sometimes it really sucks.

Yes, I'm not about to add sugar and water and make lemonade with my lemons.  Nope.  Today has sucked on many levels, so even if I made lemonade, it would probably taste like crap anyway.  Thus, my lemons are going to stay lemons.  It's sort of like manure.  Some people see a pile of manure and think, "Fertilizer!  I'll till up the backyard, plant some vegetables or flowers, add some of that manure, and make a beautiful garden."  When I see a pile of manure, I think, "Cow shit."

You'll excuse me if my wisdom for today is a little on the negative side.  I just got back from a vacation, and I am buried in paperwork.  I'm not seeing too much lemonade or gardens this afternoon.

Saint Marty sees lemons and cow shit.

Sometimes a lemon is just a lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment