Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3: A Prayerful Day

I am sitting in my office on campus, waiting for my daughter to get done with her dance class.  It would be quiet and relaxing if my son weren't sitting at the desk behind me playing some game on my iPad called "Kick the Buddy" or "Kill the Buddy" or something like that.  It's a really noisy game, and my son loves it.  He plays it and laughs and laughs.  It involves him beating up on this annoying little computer character named Buddy.  Buddy makes nasty comments and insults people.  My son uses flame throwers and blow torches on Buddy.  He throws grenades at Buddy.  He puts Buddy in a toaster and roasts him  He electrocutes Buddy.  The whole time my son is doing these things, Buddy is yelling, "No, no, no.  Stop.  Enough.  Oooh, that hurts.  Oww."  My son is obsessed with this game.

I may be a horrible parent for allowing my four-year-old to torture a computer cartoon, but at least I'm able to concentrate on my post for this evening.  I have had a very prayerful day.  Any time I felt myself becoming anxious about anything, any time my mind turned to a problem I had no control over, I prayed.  I asked God to watch over me and help with my dilemma.  It has kept me calm all day long.  The problems still exist, but I am giving them up to God.  That's the difference.

I am not the Buddy on God's iPad.  God isn't beating me up and throwing me around for kicks.  He's not frying me with electricity.  He's not feeding me to alligators or sharks.  He's on my side.  He's looking out for me.  I feel loved tonight, not squashed or smashed or broken.

Saint Marty is whole and well.  Not quite at peace, but on his way.  No blow torches in his future.

GGod doesn't use His blow torch on me

No comments:

Post a Comment