Sunday, October 7, 2012

October 7: Tapioca Pudding, Meat Pies, New Cartoon

This evening, my family is celebrating my birthday.  My sister is making my favorite dessert:  warm tapioca pudding.  Some people have a problem with tapioca.  A friend told me it has to do with the texture.  I think he described it as "fish eyes in thick slime."  I don't really care. I love tapioca pudding.  In fact, love is too tame a word.  I could bathe in warm tapioca.  I would have it on tap in my house house if I could.  I would have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and every snack in between.  Tapioca could bring about peace in the Middle East if we could just get the Israelis and Palestinians to sit down over a bowl.  It would called the Tapioca Peace Accord.  Tapioca is that good.

We are also having meat pies.  I was at a family get-together the other night, and my wife's cousin complained about Facebook.  She said something like, "I don't care what you're having for dinner.  Don't write about it.  I don't care."  Here I am, talking about my dinner tonight.  Meat pies and tapioca.  I, however, am discussing my birthday dinner, which is different from regular dinner.  It is a celebration, and I am the guest of honor.  That makes it more than just the meal that occurs at 5 p.m.  It is an event, and I am the center of attention.  That makes it significant.

Plus it has tapioca.  It doesn't get any better.

Life is good for Saint Marty.

Confessions of Saint Marty


 

1 comment:

  1. Happy (late) birthday!!

    P.S. I agree. Tapioca is the best. Ever.

    ReplyDelete