Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 21: Pumpkins and End of Weekend and New Cartoon

Well, since my pumpkin patch yielded only one, small, green pumpkin (which a rabbit gnawed on and killed), I will have to go pumpkin shopping soon.  I don't mind buying squash for All Hallow's Eve, but I was really hoping to save some money with those pumpkin plants in my backyard.  Of course, I spent $30 on top soil and God knows how much money on water.  For my third attempt at growing pumpkins, I guess I should be happy I actually had something to show for all my effort this year.  Next year, I will be investing in some major fertilizer and rabbit traps.

There is really only one thing wrong with weekends:  they come to an end way too quickly.  Tomorrow, another five days of toil begins.  This week, I have a couple of things to look forward to.  Tomorrow morning, I'm having breakfast with a friend.  She's bringing me a birthday present, and she's a great baker.  I'm looking for some homemade cinnamon rolls.  On Thursday evening, my book club meets at my house.  We're reading a tribute collection of stories written for Ray Bradbury titled Shadow Show.  If you're a fan of Bradbury, or short fiction, I highly recommend it.  It includes writers like Margaret Atwood, Dave Eggers, Harlan Ellison, Neil Gaiman, and Alice Hoffman.  It's like a Who's Who of North American fiction.

So, still trying to remain positive, I have some really good events coming up this week.  If I add some caffeine and a bag of Scoop Fritos, it's going to be an awesome seven days.

Saint Marty, keeping it real.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment