Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September 4: An Unexpected Blessing

I went to choir practice tonight at church.  My wife said it was important for me to be there.

When I got there, I was presented with a card from the choir members, most of whom I've known for close to 15 years.  I care about these people a great deal.  They've seen me through some pretty difficult times.

The Get Well card (for my recent appendix surgery) also contained a monetary gift, as well.  I was totally humbled and blown away.  My family needs the money so much right now.  It's going straight into the bank tomorrow morning.

I don't know how to express my thanks in a meaningful way to the choir.  A card seems lame.  I'm not going to stand up and make a speech on Sunday.  I don't know what to do.

Saint Marty is rarely at a loss for words.

All I have to say is, "Wah...wobble....wee...hanks..."

No comments:

Post a Comment