Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2: Ready for Battle

I just spent three hours getting my kids ready for the first day of school tomorrow.  My wife went through the check lists to make sure all the supplies were in the backpacks.  I made lunches.  I spent 45 minutes searching for my daughter's scientific calculator.  And then, I made cookie dough.

Every first day of school since my daughter started kindergarten, I've made her oatmeal butterscotch cookies.  They're her favorite.  Since I'm working tomorrow, this duty falls to my wife.  However, I decided to lend her a hand tonight by making the cookie dough.  Well, as I was adding ingredients to the mixing bowl, I knocked over the mixer and shattered the shatter-proof glass cutting board on the counter.  There were little shards of glass all over the kitchen.

After an hour of sweeping, vacuuming, and washing, I started making the cookie dough all over again.  I am happy to report there were no casualties the second time 'round.  The dough is in the fridge, and I feel like I've just run a half marathon.

Saint Marty is tired and ready for battle.

Not ready for this yet

No comments:

Post a Comment